Thursday 15 October 2015

Foolproof and Fail Proof Tiramisu Cheesecake


No one prepares a better cheesecake than my mum. A baked one. It never ceases to be a special Christmas or Easter time treat. It's light and fluffy, sweet but not overpowering. She soaks the raisins in vodka or rum overnight, so that they add an edge to it. Sure, sometimes it cracks slightly, nothing that cannot be fixed with a chocolatey, glistening top layer. It never sinks though! Never.

Well, I am not that lucky. I folow my mum's exact recipe and directions. I make sure nothing, no matter how small a detail, is omitted. Yet my cheesecake, even if it grows stunningly during baking, always sinks during cooling. Always.

Eventually, I gave up on attempting to equal my mum in the art of cheesecake baking and decided to look for an easier, fail proof and foolproof recipe. I think I finally found one. I've tested it twice on two different groups of friends. Both batches seemed to be extremely popular, so I'm pretty sure I'll be going back to this recipe for:

THE TIRAMISU CHEESECAKE

You will need:
1kg of smooth curd cheese (or ready prepared cheesecake cheese from a Polish shop)
250g Mascarpone
3/4 glass of sugar
3 tablespoons of potato flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or essence
2 eggs
100g of Amaretti biscuits
cup of sweet coffee
cocoa powder 
fresh fruit or mini meringues for decoration (optional)

1. Prepare your cake tin (20x25cm) by lining it with baking paper. Heat your oven to 180 degrees, around 160 with a fan.
2. Mix curd cheese with Mascarpone, sugar, potato flour and vanilla. Then add eggs and mix again.

3. Soak your biscuits in coffee on both sides.
4. Pour 1/3 of cheese mixture into the cake tin, top with 1/2 of coffee soaked biscuits and sprinkle them with sieved cocoa powder. Pour another 1/3 of cheese mixture on top and put out the rest of biscuits covering them with cocoa again. Top with the remaining cheese mixture.
Bake for around 35min.

5. The cheesecake might crack slightly during baking, but it should not matter too much. To avoid bigger cracks, you can place another cake tin filled with hot water at the bottom of the oven.
6. Cool the cake. Before serving, sprinle it with sieved cocoa powder and you can decorate it with fresh fruit, mini meringues, etc. 



All done! ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment